[unixODBC-support] Communication closed during authentication, Connection reset by peer, SQL state 28000

marco ardito ardito at apiform.to.it
Mon Jan 30 08:34:31 GMT 2017

Il 30/01/2017 01:05, Daniel Kasak ha scritto:
> If the Postgres driver is logging these errors, then you're attempting
> to connect to SQL Server with the wrong driver. Post details of your
> ODBC configuration.
>
> Dan

No, Dan :) it isn't so. Maybe I just didn't stress it enough before but:

the unixodbc back-end db is jboss teiid, a data integration middleware
based on java which offers an **odbc interface through postgres server
emulation**, so unixodbc is using postgresql driver connecting to teiid.

Teiid offers, as a postgresql database over odbc, what is a "virtual"
aggregation of many different data sources, in a very flexible way, and
also with high performances. There's a clear and informative image on
the project home page: at http://teiid.jboss.org/

The complete flow is:
my application <=> php framework <=> php< => unixodbc <=> network (LAN)
<=> teiid => network (LAN) <=> (several data sources)

So, unixodbc uses the postgresql driver to connect to the "postgresql
server" emulated by teiid, which is seen as a "big" postgresql database.

But this "big" database is really virtual and can have a number of
"real" databases (and nearly any other source of data), as Mysql and
MSSQL servers.

I was in doubt about which "virtual" or "real" database was reporting
the error in unixodbc. A few comments seemed to point out that the SQL
28000 error was a MSSQL error. But even when I removed all MSSQL "real"
servers from the "virtual" server, the error came out the same. SO, it's
not that.

In the meanwhile there seems to be a trace on the teiid side, something
related to some java network component, still to be confirmed, may be
the cause. so I'm trying to get info on that side.

I'll report any meaningful progress here...
Thanks,

--
*Marco*

[Ai sensi e per  gli  effetti della Legge sulla tutela della privacy
(L. 196/2003), questa  mail  è destinata unicamente alle persone sopra
indicate e le informazioni in essa contenute sono da considerarsi
strettamente riservate. E' proibito leggere, copiare, usare o
diffondere il contenuto della presente mail senza autorizzazione.
Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, siete pregati di
rispedire la stessa al mittente. Grazie]