[unixODBC-support] Communication closed during authentication, Connection reset by peer, SQL state 28000

marco ardito ardito at apiform.to.it
Fri Jan 27 08:24:20 GMT 2017

Thanks all for replying, and infos.
 From what you all wrote, it seems that the cause of the error can only
be a connection to a Microsoft SQL server, isn't it?

If it is so, I could restrict the field of investigation... my virtual
database on teiid server has two different MSSQL servers behind, with a
slightly different network path, too. I could try disabling one of them,
temporarily. And maybe the really short lifespan of the issue (a simple
retry then works) should point towards a transient network issue...
instead of a dirver or configuration issue.

I was in doubt about what subsystem was reporting the error (I thought
to ask here because it was labelled by "[unixodbc]") because, as I said
before, on my web server unixodbc uses only postgresql driver towards
teiid (it is the only "db" unixodbc sees, and connects to), which in
turn has several jdbc connections towards different databases on
different web servers (two MSSQL, one Mysql server) and also other
resources.

If it is so, if it is really due to a connection towards a MSSQL server,
it should be a problem better "visible" from Teiid, and its logs, since
it's doing the real connection to those remote MSSQL servers... and
unixodbc is only reporting the remote error transparently.

I will soon contact teiid support team about this, but any further
consideration you could add about the above will help me to better
understand this matter, quite new to me...

Thanks a lot.

--
*Marco*

[Ai sensi e per  gli  effetti della Legge sulla tutela della privacy
(L. 196/2003), questa  mail  è destinata unicamente alle persone sopra
indicate e le informazioni in essa contenute sono da considerarsi
strettamente riservate. E' proibito leggere, copiare, usare o
diffondere il contenuto della presente mail senza autorizzazione.
Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, siete pregati di
rispedire la stessa al mittente. Grazie]