[unixODBC-support] Communication closed during authentication, Connection reset by peer, SQL state 28000

Daniel Kasak d.j.kasak.dk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 01:27:08 GMT 2017

I'm not a heavy user, but I've done a little testing, here and there,
against most of the freebie versions of SQL Server, and I've never had
any of these types of issues that weren't a result of incorrect SQL
Server configuration ... eg check in SSMS that you have all the client
connectivity things working ... that it's listening on an IP on the
LAN, etc. I've done some testing against Microsoft's SQL Server in
Docker thing, and I can connect fine to that too. You could try
turning on ODBC tracing, examining SQL Server logs, etc. Good luck :)

Dan