[unixODBC-support] Segmentation Fault on Centos 7 when Connection Pooling Enable

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Fri Jan 6 09:49:56 GMT 2017

On 20/12/16 13:32, Davide Pagnin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are trying to port our application (php web application) from
> Windows world to linux.
> Our database is on IBM i system machine, which is a DB2 flavor.
>
> We realized that by using Connection Pooling (on Windows) we avoid
> connection setup,
> in most of the cases, thus the application gain performances (on
> simple pages, we cut
> connection time from 0,25-0,35 sec to 0,02-0,03 sec), this anyway is
> not the reason of
> the mail.
>
> As I said, when we enabled connection pooling on the linux centos 7.2
> we are using
> for development and testing, we faced core dumps of the httpd server.
>
> At the moment we are using stock unixodbc rpm version 2.3.1 that came
> from centos (thus redhat)
> but I've reproduced the core dumps also on 2.3.4 recompiled on our
> development system.

Ok, I think I have reproduced and fixed the problem. The issue was that
the pooled connection had a reference back to the creating environment.
But your app was releasing the environment and reconnecting. The DM
should now release all pooled connections that were related to a
environment when its released. Not back in svn yet, but the build of
unixODBC-2.3.5-pre on the ftp site should have the fix. Give it a try
and see if it helps.