[unixODBC-support] Contention problem

Reza Taheri rtaheri at vmware.com
Sun Apr 9 15:59:38 BST 2017

Sorry Nick, I don’t know what that means. Can you please spell out what I need to do?

Thanks,
Reza

On 4/8/17, 12:10 AM, "unixodbc-support-bounces at mailman.unixodbc.org<mailto:unixodbc-support-bounces at mailman.unixodbc.org> on behalf of Nick Gorham" <unixodbc-support-bounces at mailman.unixodbc.org<mailto:unixodbc-support-bounces at mailman.unixodbc.org> on behalf of nick at lurcher.org<mailto:nick at lurcher.org>> wrote:

On 08/04/17 03:28, Reza Taheri wrote:
We do make a separate call to SQLAllocHandle(SQL_HANDLE_ENV, SQL_NULL_HANDLE, &m_env); and also SQLAllocHandle(SQL_HANDLE_DBC, m_env, &m_dbc); for every thread.  FWIW, we always get 19289 for m_env, and 19290 for m_dbc.  This is even the case when I spread the threads over 5 processes (and get 3X the throughput)

I built with -enable-driver-conf=yes --enable-fastvalidate=yes. It got maybe 10% faster.

May be worth trying without the driver manager, try linking directly to the driver.