[unixODBC-support] Missing local characters when using FreeTDS driver via unixODBC (isql), but not when using directly (tsql)

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Fri Nov 18 16:20:10 GMT 2016

On 18/11/16 16:01, France wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> On x86_64 CentOS 7 with:
> unixODBC 2.3.1 - 11.el7 from base repo and
> FreeTDS 0.95.81 - 1.el7 from epel repo
> i have a strange problem of missing whole results when there are local characters involved. If i use FreeTDS directly it works as expected.
>
> Here is a simple example when it works, using FreeTDS directly via tsql:

Check your LANG. isql is just a test app, it gets cracaters as
SQL_C_CHAR and uses printf to display, it may be that the locale is
causing printf to fail to display unicode.

But I will repeat that isql is just a test application. If you need
data, try coding or using Perl so you have direct control over whet you get.

--
NIck