[unixODBC-support] Can't open lib error

Christopher Walker kris240376 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 22:17:07 GMT 2016

Thanks for taking the time to help.

It's a bit late but I did manage to solve the problem.

After a bit more searching I performed the following steps to figure
out what was going on.

I ran the following and was met with a "file does not exist" error message:

  # dltest /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5a.so

I then did the the following to try and isolate the issue:

  # export LD_DEBUG=all
  # dltest /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5a.so 2>/dev/shm/dltest.txt
  # export LD_DEBUG=
  # grep "lookup error" /dev/shm/dltest.txt

This pointed to a missing symbol named 'my_thread_end_wait_time'.

It looks like my installation of MariaDB is a bit too old for the
version of mysql-connector-odbc that I'm trying to use.  I've tried
compiling both the newer and older version of mysql-connector-odbc and
they both fail.  Seems that I'm not going to be able to use MariaDB
via unixODBC.

Since Asterisk requires unixODBC I'm going to give PostgreSQL a try.
I really don't feel like having to write a build script for MySQL when
there is one for PostgreSQL already on SlackBuilds.org.