[unixODBC-support] Can't open lib error

Christopher Walker kris240376 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 19:01:07 GMT 2016

I've recently installed unixODBC and the mysql-connector-odbc and I'm
getting the following error message when I execute `isql -v`.

Can't open lib '/usr/lib64/libmyodbc5a.so' : file not found
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Can anyone offer any assistance on this?

My configuration is as follows:
  * Slackware 14.1 64-bit
    * removed libiodbc and virtuoso packages
  * mariadb 5.5.43
  * mysql-connector-odbc 5.2.7

ls -lah of /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5a.so:
  -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 344K Feb 23 12:08 /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5a.so*

Contents of /etc/odbc.ini:
  [ODBC Data Sources]
  data_source_name = Asterisk

  [Asterisk]
  Driver = /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5a.so
  DATABASE = asterisk
  DESCRIPTION = Asterisk database
  SERVER = 127.0.0.1
  UID = root
  PASSWORD = password
  SOCKET = 3306

Contents of /etc/odbcinst.ini:
  [ODBC Drivers]
  /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5w.so = Installed
  /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5a.so = Installed

  [/usr/lib64/libmyodbc5w.so]
  Driver = /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5w.so
  Description = Unicode Driver for connecting to MySQL database server
  Threading = 2

  [/usr/lib64/libmyodbc5a.so]
  Driver = /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5a.so
  Description = ANSI Driver for connecting to MySQL database server
  Threading = 2