[unixODBC-support] How to Configure a Freetds Datasource to connect to a High Availability Server

Daniel Kasak d.j.kasak.dk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 23:13:44 GMT 2016

Firstly, you seem to be calling isql incorrectly. From the man page:

SYNOPSIS
       isql DSN [USER [PASSWORD]] [options]

You're running:
       isql -v  agl-entdbd5 sql005 iam2#nice

 ... which would be looking for a DSN called agl-entdbd5. Maybe what
you mean is:
       isql -v ENTDBD5 sql005 iam2#nice

If this doesn't work, what I usually do is use strace to see what
config files are being read, eg:
       strace isql -v ENTDBD5 sql005 iam2#nice

This will dump a LOT of output. Read through it. On some setups I've
had to create symbolic links from ~/.odbinst.ini to
/etc/unixODBC/odbcinst.ini ( paths may be different on your system ).

Good luck :)

Dan