[unixODBC-support] freebcp problem with Freetds version 4.2

Funny,Solomon Solomon.Funny at fhlbny.com
Thu Apr 21 15:12:03 BST 2016

I am trying to use the freebcp to copy data to a file, but am receiving the following error message:

freebcp prod01.dbo.customer out $HOME/customer.dat -c -Ufunnys -STITAN -Pxxxxxx

                Msg 2410, Level 2
Cannot bcp with TDSVER < 5.0

>From the message, it seems,  freebcp is not supported by Freetds versions earlier than 5.0.

My Freetds version is 4.2

My Unix Admin is telling me he cannot find a Freetds version 5.0 or later.  Is this true or is there a site where I can find a Freetds version 5.0 o later?

Solomon Funny
Database Services
Federal Home Loan Bank of New York
30 Montgomery Street
Jersey City, NJ 07322
(201) 356-1235
solomon.funny at fhlbny.com

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments (including, but not limited to, any attached e-mails) may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other person.