[unixODBC-support] Does unixODBC Allocate "Prepared Statements" for Queries

Michael König michael.koenig at blue-yonder.com
Thu Jul 9 08:36:52 BST 2015

Hi Vince!

As Nick said, it's a decision made by the application. For jsql, it
might be easier to just prepare a query each time to eliminate
additional ifs in their code. This is typically what I do in my code as
well - less code, less testing. The additional roundtrip to the database
is negligible for my use cases.

Cheers

Michael

Am 09.07.2015 um 06:04 schrieb Vince George (vincgeor):
> That is what I would have thought - but what surprised me is I think
> jsql may be requesting a prepared statement to run a simple SQL
> statement which makes no sense!?
>
> Regards... Vince
>
> On Jul 8, 2015, at 8:40 PM, Nick Gorham <nick at lurcher.org
> <mailto:nick at lurcher.org>> wrote:
>
>> On 08/07/15 23:46, Vince George (vincgeor) wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Does unixODBC (always) allocate “prepared statements” (as opposed to
>>> just statements) to run queries even though parameters are NOT
>>> required?
>>>
>>> Thanks…
>>>

>> If I understand what you are asking, thats entirely up to the
>> application.
>>
>> --
>> Nick

Dr. Michael König
Software Engineer

*Blue Yonder GmbH*
Ohiostraße 8
76149 Karlsruhe

Tel +49 (0) 721 383 117 38
Fax +49 (0) 721 383 117 69

michael.koenig at blue-yonder.com  <mailto:%20michael.koenig at blue-yonder.com>
www.blue-yonder.com  <http://www.blue-yonder.com>
Registergericht Mannheim, HRB 704547
USt-IdNr. DE 277 091 535
Geschäftsführer: Jochen Bossert, Uwe Weiss (CEO)