[unixODBC-support] unixODBC ODBC Library Load Behavior

Vince George (vincgeor) vincgeor at cisco.com
Tue Jul 7 23:23:36 BST 2015

We have just finished configuring and installing both unixODBC and upgrading one of Cisco product's ODBC driver to serve up connectivity for SAS via SAS / Access.

We want to make sure a new ODBC driver (version) library is being used for user access and if we need to recycle SAS / Access and / or other components to ensure this happens.

So the question is:  does unixODBC keep an ODBC Driver libraries loaded in memory to service subsequent connections once an initial connection has been established to the data source?

Thanks and regards,
Vince George | Solutions Manager - Consultant
Mobile: (201) 519-3777
vincgeor at cisco.com<mailto:vincgeor at cisco.com> | www.cisco.com<http://www.cisco.com/>
[http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/logo03.jpg]