[unixODBC-support] configuring to use alternate unixODBC driver

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Fri Jan 30 14:41:56 GMT 2015

On 30/01/15 14:24, Harold Pritchett wrote:
> On 1/22/2015 7:58 PM, Mike wrote:
>>
>> Harold,
>>
>> Any chance that your HOME or OBDCSYSINI paths are really long?
>
> No.
>>
>> It seems you compiled this yourself.
>>
>> If you just used the default 'make install' without any parameters,
>> normally it would go to /usr/local.
>
> That's where it is.  My problem is I don't know how to tell linux to
> load it instead of the system version in /usr/lib and /usr/lib64
>
> Thanks

If its library loading you are concerned about, then setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/unixODBC64/lib will get it to load the
correct libs.

If you are running 64 bit, then be aware that older versions of the php
odbc interface had problems when it came to sizes of SQLLEN variables. I
think the latest versions are sorted out though.