[unixODBC-support] configuring to use alternate unixODBC driver

Harold Pritchett harold at uga.edu
Thu Jan 22 04:02:33 GMT 2015

I am working on troubleshooting a problem with a php program accessing a db2 database under CENTOS 6.

I am using the default versions of everything, at the current level.  A program which I know works on a system with much down level versions of almost everything instead is failing
with a segmentation fault.  The purpose of this project is to get the production system to current software levels.

As a first step, I downloaded the current version  (unixODBC-2.3.2) of the unixODBC driver and built it.

Now, I can't find where to tell my system to load this driver instead of the default one from /usr/lib or /usr/lib64

my drivers are here:

# find / -name libodbc.so -print
/home/harold/unixODBC-2.3.2/DriverManager/.libs/libodbc.so
/usr/local/unixODBC64/lib/libodbc.so
/usr/lib/libodbc.so
/usr/lib64/libodbc.so

Thanks for any assistance.