[unixODBC-support] Defining DSN and Driver

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Tue Jan 20 17:28:49 GMT 2015

On 20/01/15 17:11, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2015, Nick Gorham wrote:
>
>> Ok, so its got through unixODBC to the driver and the driver is
>> reporting that it failed to connect.
>>
>> I would check the ini file entries.
>
> Nick,
>
>   The .ini files in /etc/ match what every source says they should be. I
> changed ~/.odbc.ini to ~/odbc.ini with no effect.
>
>   Is there a way of stepping through the isql test to see just where it's
> failing?

No, its calling SQLConnect in the driver, and that is returning that it
failed to connect, so there are no steps available for isql to step through.

>   I'm sure this is as frustrating to you as it is to me. Everything
> _seems_
> to be correct, but it just won't work.

At this point, try using strace to see if the drive is connecting and
where it fails

strace -o st.log isql -v no-mdf-banquetdb

I would also check if the database exists and can be opened.

ls -l /documents/mdf/banquet-mgr/or-mdf-banquet.db

Beyond that I would ask the folk behind the driver. There may be
specific driver logging options that would help debug the problem.