[unixODBC-support] Defining DSN and Driver

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jan 19 23:32:13 GMT 2015

On Mon, 19 Jan 2015, Nick Gorham wrote:

> I would check the ini file entries. I would also try setting
> export ODBCINI=/etc/odbc.ini

Nick,

   This makes no difference.

> it may be that the driver is reading the ini file itself and is not sure
> which one to read.

   Perhaps I have too many? The three in /etc are odbc.ini, obdcinst.ini, and
unixodbc.ini; the one in ~/ is .odbc.ini.

/etc/odbc.ini:
[SQLite3]
Description=SQLite ODBC Driver
Driver=/usr/local/lib/libsqlite3odbc.so
Setup=/usr/local/lib/libsqlite3odbc.so
Threading=2

/etc/odbcinst.ini:
[SQLite3]
Description=SQLite ODBC Driver
Driver=/usr/local/lib/libsqlite3odbc.so
Setup=/usr/local/lib/libsqlite3odbc.so
Threading=2

/etc/unixodbc.ini:
[SQLITE3]
Description = SQLite3 ODBC Driver
Driver      = /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3odbc.so
Setup       = /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3odbc.so
Threading   = 2

~/.odbc.ini:
[no-mdf-banquetdb]
Description=North Oregon MDF chapter banquet database
Driver=SQLite3
Database=/documents/mdf/banquet-mgr/or-mdf-banquet.db
Timeout=2000

> No, LO uses the ODBC API, isql is just a simple app that makes ODBC calls.

   Thanks for clarifying.

Rich