[unixODBC-support] Defining DSN and Driver

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Mon Jan 19 23:25:02 GMT 2015

On 19/01/15 22:08, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2015, Nick Gorham wrote:
>
>> Try using isql
>> isql -v no-mdf-banquetdb
>> What does that report?
>
> Nick,
>
>   Aha! that looks like the source of the problem:
>
> [rshepard at salmo ~]$ isql -v no-mdf-banquetdb
> [S1000][unixODBC][SQLite]connect failed
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Ok, so its got through unixODBC to the driver and the driver is
reporting that it failed to connect.

I would check the ini file entries. I would also try setting

export ODBCINI=/etc/odbc.ini

it may be that the driver is reading the ini file itself and is not sure
which one to read.

>   The man page says that isql is the cli to unixODBC. Could that be the
> interface that LO is using?

No, LO uses the ODBC API, isql is just a simple app that makes ODBC calls.