[unixODBC-support] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 262144) (tried to allocate 17047099150164910081 bytes)

antselva at tiscali.it antselva at tiscali.it
Mon Feb 16 15:20:27 GMT 2015

  Hi

Finally solved using PDO statement to connect to access mdb using
ODBC driver, using same DSN
instead of odbc_exec
This works well without
problems

Thanks to all

Antonio

wrote:

>> Hi!
>>
>> My best guess (judging from the ridiculously
high number tried to allocate) is that you are using an ODBC driver
which is not compatible with your version of unixODBC. unixODBC 2.2.14
onwards uses 64 bit values for variables of type SQLLEN (on 64 bit
systems, I think), while earlier versions had the same SQLLEN type
defined as a 32 bit integer. If you use a a driver built for unixODBC
2.2.12 with unixODBC 2.2.14, there is a good chance that the bits 33 to
64 are not properly set to 0, yielding ridiculously high values.

Long story short: Check which version of unixODBC you are using and for
which version of unixODBC the driver used to access your data source was
built. Use the "isql" command line tool in verbose (-v) mode with the
same data source as another application. When isql shows similar errors,
your PHP application is probably not the issue.

>> Hope this
helps.

>> Cheers
>>
>> Michael
>
> Yep, but in this case maybe not
"try also on Debian 7 32bit emulated by VirtualBox". I think its more
likely the driver is legitimately returning a length for a TEXT type
that may be huge, and PHP is allocating a buffer for it, not noticing
its a SQL_LONGVARCHAR type.

> I would check you have the most up to
date version of PHP (will also fix problem you may also be having that
Michael mentioned).

> Also, not sure what driver you are using, so I
can only guess what length its returning for the field.

> --
> Nick

Connetti gratis il mondo con la nuova indoona:  hai la chat, le chiamate, le video chiamate e persino le chiamate di gruppo.
E chiami gratis anche i numeri fissi e mobili nel mondo!
Scarica subito l’app Vai su https://www.indoona.com/