[unixODBC-support] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 262144) (tried to allocate 17047099150164910081 bytes)

Michael König michael.koenig at blue-yonder.com
Thu Feb 12 12:45:18 GMT 2015

Hi!

My best guess (judging from the ridiculously high number tried to
allocate) is that you are using an ODBC driver which is not compatible
with your version of unixODBC. unixODBC 2.2.14 onwards uses 64 bit
values for variables of type SQLLEN (on 64 bit systems, I think), while
earlier versions had the same SQLLEN type defined as a 32 bit integer.
If you use a a driver built for unixODBC 2.2.12 with unixODBC 2.2.14,
there is a good chance that the bits 33 to 64 are not properly set to 0,
yielding ridiculously high values.

Long story short: Check which version of unixODBC you are using and for
which version of unixODBC the driver used to access your data source was
built. Use the "isql" command line tool in verbose (-v) mode with the
same data source as another application. When isql shows similar errors,
your PHP application is probably not the issue.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Michael