[unixODBC-support] Web OK, command-line.. not yet!

Jean-Roch Grenetier jgrenetier at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 17:32:10 BST 2014

Hello,

The ODBCINI did it:

ODBCINI=/web/.odbc.ini
export ODBCINI

So this now works from both Web and Linux command-line over the same Perl program!

However strangely, from the command-line I can't use the '?' placeholder, can't use parameterized statements.
It produces a 'Segmentation fault' immediately as soon as on the $sth->prepare .

This is fine I can live with that, and since the statement returns only one record, I've got the opportunity to bypass the $sth prepare and execute altogether, going with the $dbh directly:
($this, $that, $other) = $dbh->selectrow_array(" SELECT * FROM .." )

Not sure which is faster of the 2 (parameterized '?' over direct $dbh) over batches of a few thousands records but this is not essential.

Many thanks all!