[unixODBC-support] Web OK, command-line.. not yet!

Jean-Roch Grenetier jgrenetier at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 7 16:50:56 BST 2014

Hello,

It's probably a simple one, I think the visibility of .odbc.ini

- everything works from Web requests on our Apache-Modperl server. It knows where to find /web/.odbc.ini

- but from the command-line calling the same modperl program than the Web request do, I've got an 'Unknown host machine name'. I've copied .odbc.ini pretty much everywhere, so that it be visible to this command-line user. Hint: all other classical Perl DBI connections work from both Web requests and command-line.

DBI connect('db_one','optimus',...) failed: [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source (SQL-08001) [state was 08001 now 01000]
[unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unknown host machine name. (SQL-01000)