[unixODBC-support] isql ( i.e. odbcUNIX Layer ) don't return Data Content

Jens-Peter C. Hillers jph at remoteweb.de
Tue Jul 1 10:09:56 BST 2014

Am 01.07.2014 11:04, schrieb Nick Gorham:
> On 01/07/14 09:47, Jens-Peter C. Hillers wrote:
>> Ok what I expected to get back ?
>>
>> something like :
>> ----------------
>> Welcome to the SAP MaxDB interactive terminal.
>>
>> Type:  \h for help with commands
>>        \q to quit
>>
>> sqlcli MAXDB=> select TIMESTAMP FROM DUAL
>> | EXPRESSION1                |
>> | -------------------------- |
>> | 2014-07-01 10:21:58.062480 |
>> 1 row selected (1309 usec)
>> ----------------
>>
>> I took this simple select to make it easy to track down the Problem
>> regardless what the real data in the table is.
>>
>> Querying through the Oracle driver to a differnt server its the same
>> effekt:
>>
>> ----------------
>> SQL> select SYSDATE FROM DUAL
>> +--------------------+
>> | SYSDATE            |
>> +--------------------+
>> |                    |
>> +--------------------+
>> SQLRowCount returns -1
>> 1 rows fetched
>> ---------------------
>>
>> Querying "Real"-Tables have the same effekt:
>>
>> ---------------
>> sqlcli MAXDB=> select * from BFTYP
>> | BFMTD | NAME                             |
>> WANN                       | WER         | STATE |
>> | ----- | -------------------------------- |
>> -------------------------- | ----------- | ----- |
>> | F     | DC900 Software                   | 2011-02-17
>> 15:32:36.190803 | ?           | ?     |
>> | J     | DC910 Software                   | 2012-12-05
>> 15:52:02.858546 | ?           | ?     |
>> | P     | PEX Software                     | 2012-12-05
>> 15:52:02.512886 | ?           | ?     |
>> 3 rows selected (1865 usec)
>> ----------------
>>
>> via isql I get:
>>
>> --------------------
>> SQL> select * from BFTYP
>> +------+---------------------------------+---------------------------+------------+------+
>> | BFMTD| NAME                            | WANN
>> | WER        | STATE|
>> +------+---------------------------------+---------------------------+------------+------+
>> |      |                                 |
>> |            |      |
>> |      |                                 |
>> |            |      |
>> |      |                                 |
>> |            |      |
>> +------+---------------------------------+---------------------------+------------+------+
>> SQLRowCount returns 3
>> 3 rows fetched
>> ----------------------
>>
>> The SAP Guys told me, that out of the driver trace I Postet in my
>> first mail one could see that the Data arrives in the Driver but is
>> not fetched.
>>
>> ---------
>>
>> My real Problem is that all applications that use unixodbc can't
>> access data ( in my case LibeBASE of LibreOffice )

> [...]
Hi Nick,

I've installed on :

openSUSE 12.3 "Dartmouth" ( x86_64 GNU/Linux )
# isql --version
unixODBC 2.2.12
# rpm -qa | grep unixODBC
unixODBC-devel-2.2.12-219.1.1.x86_64
unixODBC-2.2.12-219.1.1.x86_64
unixODBC-gui-qt-2.2.12-219.1.1.x86_64
---------------------------------

Version 2.2.12 ist what ist packaged by SuSe so it is easyser to deploy.

I'm currently trying 2.3.2 from source.

regards
jph

Remote Web Services GmbH