[unixODBC-support] Problem connecting to a MSSql server in domain

Matt Phipps matt.the.mech at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 18:21:15 BST 2014

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 6:19 AM, Lorenzo Milesi <maxxer at ufficyo.com> wrote:

> After this I can then connect using tsql with command:
>  tsql -H 10.10.10.131 -p 1223 -U user -P pass
>
> But still I cannot connect using isql.

Rats, I was hoping that would help pinpoint the issue. It's good that
FreeTDS is working though.

> freetds.conf
> [SQLMAND]
>         Trace           = No
>         Host            = 10.10.10.131
>         Port            = 1223
>         TDS_Version     = 9.0

I wouldn't worry about freetds.conf since it isn't used by UnixODBC unless
you configure the DSN using the Servername option. But I wouldn't do that
since it makes your configuration more complicated and probably won't solve
your current issue. Just wanted to let you know that as things are,
twiddling any knobs in freetds.conf won't do anything.

Besides, the odbc.ini configuration you specified should be working, and I
don't know why it's not...if someone else wants to take a crack at this
problem they're welcome to :) Otherwise, try getting a trace file and
seeing if that gets you more information.

-Matt