[unixODBC-support] Problem connecting to a MSSql server in domain

Lorenzo Milesi maxxer at ufficyo.com
Mon Apr 7 11:19:58 BST 2014

> Try connecting with just FreeTDS rather than ODBC (using the tsql command).
> This is a good starting point that should list all the instances on a host:
> # tsql -H hostname_or_ip_here -L

This works:
     ServerName IT111111
   InstanceName INSTANCENAME
    IsClustered No
        Version 9.00.5000.00
            tcp 1223
             np \\IT111111\pipe\MSSQL$INSTANCENAME\sql\query

After this I can then connect using tsql with command:
tsql -H 10.10.10.131 -p 1223 -U user -P pass

But still I cannot connect using isql. Config summary (I specified port number for testing purposes, I hope I can remove it in the final configuration):
odbc.ini:
[SQLMAND]
Driver          = TDS
Trace           = No
Server          = 10.10.10.131
Port            = 1223
TDS_Version             = 9.0

odbcinst.ini
[TDS]
Description             = FreeTDS Driver for Linux & MSSQL on Win32
Driver          = /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/odbc/libtdsodbc.so
Setup           = /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/odbc/libtdsS.so
UsageCount              = 4

freetds.conf
[SQLMAND]
        Trace           = No
        Host            = 10.10.10.131
        Port            = 1223
        TDS_Version     = 9.0

Result:
# isql -v SQLMAND user pass
[S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

thanks again
Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi at yetopen.it

YetOpen S.r.l. - http://www.yetopen.it/