[unixODBC-support] Problem connecting to a MSSql server in domain

Matt Phipps matt.the.mech at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 16:24:12 BST 2014

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 6:22 AM, Lorenzo Milesi <maxxer at ufficyo.com> wrote:

> Anyway I tried changing as you suggested, then issued the command
> # odbcinst -i -s -f tds.dsn.template
> and again:
> # isql -v SQLMAND
> [S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Try connecting with just FreeTDS rather than ODBC (using the tsql command).
This is a good starting point that should list all the instances on a host:
# tsql -H hostname_or_ip_here -L

Then try to connect using the other tsql options. If you can't get FreeTDS
to connect either, I would continue investigating on the FreeTDS side.

-Matt Phipps