[unixODBC-support] [S1000][DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver]

Aistis Jokubauskas aistis at neurotechnology.com
Thu Nov 21 08:17:58 GMT 2013

There is microsoft driver for linux for sql server.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh568451.aspx

"The ODBC driver for SQL Server allows native applications (C/C++)
running on Linux to connect to SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL
Server 2012, and SQL Azure Database."

I didn't manage to run it on arch linux, but it ran fine on red hat.

On 20/11/13 13:45, Fahad Ali wrote:
> Thanks ,
>
> Just want to know, are there any free drivers ?
>

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Nick Gorham <nick at lurcher.org
> <mailto:nick at lurcher.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 20/11/13 10:58, Fahad Ali wrote:
>>     [MOMDB]
>>     Driver=/sasinst/sqlodbc/lib/S0msss22.so
>>     Description=DataDirect 5.2 SQL Server Wire Protocol
>>     Address=10.32.161.205,1433
>>     AnsiNPW=Yes
>>     Database=MOMPRD
>>     LogonID=userid
>>     Password=
>>     QEWSD=41511
>>     QuotedId=yes
>
>     Well, I would suggest either using a driver that plays nicely with
>     unixODBC (Easysoft's for example) or stick to using the driver
>     manager that that driver expects. I do know that their drivers do
>     some very odd things like return UTF-8 as SQL_WCHAR. I suspect
>     thats whats going on here.
>
>     --
>     Nick

> *Thanks & Regards,