[unixODBC-support] unixODBC - oracle connection : working with isql and not with libreofficeBase /R...

Nicolas Paris niparisco at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 17:57:05 BST 2013

Hello,

I want to connect to my oracle base. I have unixODBC 2.3.1 installed (with
the links libodbc.so.2 and  libodbcinst.so.2)
It works with isql , (querys, etc...):
| Connected!                            |
| sql-statement                         |
| help [tablename]                      |
| quit                                  |

But I can't anderstand why the same config (odbc.ini & odncinst.ini)
doesn't work with other client such libreoffice base or R.
Actually the problem appens with oracle and not with mysql..

Both case i have the error :
app/oracle/product/11.2.0/xe/lib/libsqora.so.11.1' : file not found
But the file exists and isql doesn't have problem to find it.

Any help would be appreciated;

Nicolas PARIS
​​