[unixODBC-support] unixODBC-support Digest, Vol 102, Issue 4

Thomas Kienast tomk at milt.at
Sun Apr 28 11:44:19 BST 2013

Hello,

I thought I'll delete all installations and do the whole installation
from the beginning again. I installed unixODBC and then started with
FreeTDS, but now odbcinst doesn't work.

I created a file tds.driver.template and want to install the driver
using "odbcinst -i -d -f tds.driver.template". I receive this error message:

"odbcinst: error while loading shared libraries: libodbcinst.so.1:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

It seems that the correct lib-directory cannot be found. All necessary
files are located in /usr/local/lib/

Before I had these files in some lib64 directory, where the former
installations located them. What's groing wrong?

Thanks