[unixODBC-support] unixODBC-support Digest, Vol 102, Issue 4

barsalou barjunk at attglobal.net
Sat Apr 20 07:33:41 BST 2013


The implication is that the port is not active or is blocked by a firewall.
this must be resolved to move forward.

Quoting Thomas Kienast <tomk at milt.at>:

> Are you sure this must work?
>> As a super basic test you ought to be able to use telnet to try and
>> connect to the box:
>>
>> telnet<ip address>  <MSSQL port>
>
> Because in my case it does not work. The server connection request times out.
>
>
>
> Am 09.04.2013 14:00, schrieb unixodbc-support-request at mailman.unixodbc.org:
>> Send unixODBC-support mailing list submissions to
>> 	unixodbc-support at mailman.unixodbc.org
>>
>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>> 	http://mailman.unixodbc.org/mailman/listinfo/unixodbc-support
>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>> 	unixodbc-support-request at mailman.unixodbc.org
>>
>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>> 	unixodbc-support-owner at mailman.unixodbc.org
>>
>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> than "Re: Contents of unixODBC-support digest..."
>>
>>
>> Today's Topics:
>>
>>    1. Re: unixODBC-support Digest, Vol 102, Issue 3 (Thomas Kienast)
>>    2. Re: Can't connect WAS:  unixODBC-support Digest,	Vol 102,
>>       Issue 3 (barsalou)
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 20:46:11 +0300
>> From: Thomas Kienast<tomk at milt.at>
>> Subject: Re: [unixODBC-support] unixODBC-support Digest, Vol 102,
>> 	Issue 3
>> To: unixodbc-support at mailman.unixodbc.org
>> Message-ID:<51630263.5080807 at milt.at>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>>
>> Am 05.04.2013 14:00, schrieb unixodbc-support-request at mailman.unixodbc.org:
>>
>>> Message: 1
>>> Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 14:27:17 +0300
>>> From: Thomas Kienast<tomk at milt.at>
>>> Subject: Re: [unixODBC-support] unixODBC-support Digest, Vol 102,
>>> 	Issue 2
>>> To: unixodbc-support at mailman.unixodbc.org
>>> Message-ID:<515D6395.5000309 at milt.at>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>>>
>>> I installed unixodbc and freetds, but when I try to establish a
>>> connection via php I receive this error message:
>>>
>>> Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open
>>> lib '/opt/microsoft/msodbcsql/lib64/libmsodbcsql-11.0.so.2260.0' : file
>>> not found, SQL state 01000 in SQLConnect in ......
>>>
>>> Actually '/opt/microsoft/msodbcsql/lib64/libmsodbcsql-11.0.so.2260.0' is
>>> existant on exactly this path.
>>>
>>> But I realized in my php script that the file mentioned in this line
>>>
>>> putenv("FREETDSCONF=/etc/freetds/freetds.conf");
>>>
>>> is not existant on the server. Maybe the freeTDS installation was not
>>> successful?
>>>
>>> I am not very good in Linux and I think anyone who is experienced could
>>> do this installation within short time. So I hope for some way of doing
>>> a guided installation via Skype or something...
>>>
>>>
>>>> Thomas,
>>
>>
>>> Just shooting in the dark here, but does the webserver have rights to
>>> that file?
>>
>> -rwxr-xr-x
>>
>>> What happens when you do the steps here?
>>>
>>> http://freetds.schemamania.org/userguide/confirminstall.htm
>>
>> web2:/ # tsql -C
>> Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script)
>>                              Version: freetds vdev.0.92.377
>>               freetds.conf directory: /usr/local/etc
>>       MS db-lib source compatibility: no
>>          Sybase binary compatibility: no
>>                        Thread safety: yes
>>                        iconv library: yes
>>                          TDS version: 5.0
>>                                iODBC: no
>>                             unixodbc: yes
>>                SSPI "trusted" logins: no
>>                             Kerberos: no
>>
>> Then to
>> ---------------------------------
>> Example 3-3. Failure to find servername in freetds.conf
>>
>> 	$ tsql -S nobox -U sa
>> ---------------------------------
>>
>> What do I enter for 'nobox' and what for 'sa'? 'nobox' the server's
>> hostname?
>>
>> I got this info:
>>
>> General information:
>>
>> Server: mail.great-lengths.at or 188.21.91.138
>> User: web
>> Pass: **********
>> DB: BMD
>>
>> ODBC Config Windows:
>>
>> Server: mail.great-lengths.at\BMD
>> Client configuration: Not dynamically, but 1433
>>
>>> Are you sure thats the right lib? That looks like a MS driver, not freetds.
>>>
>>> But is thats what you expect, its probably a lib that hat driver needs
>>> that is missing. Try
>>>
>>> ldd /opt/microsoft/msodbcsql/lib64/libmsodbcsql-11.0.so.2260.0
>>
>> web2:/ # ldd /opt/microsoft/msodbcsql/lib64/libmsodbcsql-11.0.so.2260.0
>>          linux-vdso.so.1 =>   (0x00007fffab9ff000)
>>          libcrypto.so.0.9.8 =>  not found
>>          libdl.so.2 =>  /lib64/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f874aaf6000)
>>          librt.so.1 =>  /lib64/librt.so.1 (0x00007f874a8ed000)
>>          libssl.so.0.9.8 =>  not found
>>          libuuid.so.1 =>  /lib64/libuuid.so.1 (0x00007f874a6e7000)
>>          libodbcinst.so.1 =>  /usr/lib64/libodbcinst.so.1
>> (0x00007f874a4cf000)
>>          libkrb5.so.3 =>  /usr/lib64/libkrb5.so.3 (0x00007f874a204000)
>>          libgssapi_krb5.so.2 =>  /usr/lib64/libgssapi_krb5.so.2
>> (0x00007f8749fcd000)
>>          libstdc++.so.6 =>  /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007f8749cc3000)
>>          libm.so.6 =>  /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x00007f8749a6c000)
>>          libgcc_s.so.1 =>  /lib64/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007f8749855000)
>>          libpthread.so.0 =>  /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f8749638000)
>>          libc.so.6 =>  /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007f87492d8000)
>>          /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f874b0d9000)
>>          libk5crypto.so.3 =>  /usr/lib64/libk5crypto.so.3
>> (0x00007f87490b0000)
>>          libcom_err.so.2 =>  /lib64/libcom_err.so.2 (0x00007f8748eac000)
>>          libkrb5support.so.0 =>  /usr/lib64/libkrb5support.so.0
>> (0x00007f8748ca3000)
>>          libkeyutils.so.1 =>  /lib64/libkeyutils.so.1 (0x00007f8748a9f000)
>>          libresolv.so.2 =>  /lib64/libresolv.so.2 (0x00007f8748888000)
>>
>>
>> Any conclusions out of this all?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Thomas
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 14:05:45 -0800
>> From: barsalou<barjunk at attglobal.net>
>> Subject: Re: [unixODBC-support] Can't connect WAS:  unixODBC-support
>> 	Digest,	Vol 102, Issue 3
>> To: unixodbc-support at mailman.unixodbc.org
>> Message-ID:<20130408140545.53tjc23qgoow88go at www.lcgalaska.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain;	charset=ISO-8859-1;	DelSp="Yes";
>> 	format="flowed"
>>
>>>>
>>>> I installed unixodbc and freetds, but when I try to establish a
>>>> connection via php I receive this error message:
>>>>
>>>> Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open
>>>> lib '/opt/microsoft/msodbcsql/lib64/libmsodbcsql-11.0.so.2260.0' : file
>>>> not found, SQL state 01000 in SQLConnect in ......
>>>>
>>>> Actually '/opt/microsoft/msodbcsql/lib64/libmsodbcsql-11.0.so.2260.0' is
>>>> existant on exactly this path.
>>>>
>>>> But I realized in my php script that the file mentioned in this line
>>>>
>>>> putenv("FREETDSCONF=/etc/freetds/freetds.conf");
>>>>
>>>> What happens when you do the steps here?
>>>>
>>>> http://freetds.schemamania.org/userguide/confirminstall.htm
>>>
>>> web2:/ # tsql -C
>>> Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script)
>>>                             Version: freetds vdev.0.92.377
>>>              freetds.conf directory: /usr/local/etc
>>>      MS db-lib source compatibility: no
>>>         Sybase binary compatibility: no
>>>                       Thread safety: yes
>>>                       iconv library: yes
>>>                         TDS version: 5.0
>>>                               iODBC: no
>>>                            unixodbc: yes
>>>               SSPI "trusted" logins: no
>>>                            Kerberos: no
>>>
>>> Then to
>>> ---------------------------------
>>> Example 3-3. Failure to find servername in freetds.conf
>>>
>>> 	$ tsql -S nobox -U sa
>>> ---------------------------------
>>>
>>> What do I enter for 'nobox' and what for 'sa'? 'nobox' the   
>>> server's hostname?
>>>
>>
>> According to the manpage here: http://linux.die.net/man/1/tsql
>>
>> -S servername
>>
>> the Database Server to which to connect.
>>
>> -U username
>> database login name
>>
>> Skip down to "Bypassing freetds.conf" and give that a try.  You may
>> have to read the entire troubleshooting guide a few times before
>> things get a little clearer, but it should help you narrow the issue
>> down.
>>
>> If you do the Bypassing section and it succeeds, then you know at a
>> minimum, you can connect to the server from that box.  When that
>> works, then you can figure out how to get it to use the freetds
>> configuration files.
>>
>> If my memory serves and you are connecting to an MSSQL server, there
>> may be some things you have to do to enable access from outside of the
>> actual server.
>>
>> As a super basic test you ought to be able to use telnet to try and
>> connect to the box:
>>
>> telnet<ip address>  <MSSQL port>
>>
>> And it should at least come back with some sort of message about the server.
>>
>> Look here for some possible help on how to find the port the MSSQL
>> server is running on:
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1518823/how-to-find-the-port-for-ms-sql-server-2008
>>
>>
>>>
>>>> Are you sure thats the right lib? That looks like a MS driver,   
>>>> not freetds.
>>>>
>>>> But is thats what you expect, its probably a lib that hat driver needs
>>>> that is missing. Try
>>>>
>>>> ldd /opt/microsoft/msodbcsql/lib64/libmsodbcsql-11.0.so.2260.0
>>>
>>> web2:/ # ldd /opt/microsoft/msodbcsql/lib64/libmsodbcsql-11.0.so.2260.0
>>>         linux-vdso.so.1 =>   (0x00007fffab9ff000)
>>>         libcrypto.so.0.9.8 =>  not found
>>>         libdl.so.2 =>  /lib64/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f874aaf6000)
>>>         librt.so.1 =>  /lib64/librt.so.1 (0x00007f874a8ed000)
>>>         libssl.so.0.9.8 =>  not found
>>>         libuuid.so.1 =>  /lib64/libuuid.so.1 (0x00007f874a6e7000)
>>>         libodbcinst.so.1 =>  /usr/lib64/libodbcinst.so.1   
>>> (0x00007f874a4cf000)
>>>         libkrb5.so.3 =>  /usr/lib64/libkrb5.so.3 (0x00007f874a204000)
>>>         libgssapi_krb5.so.2 =>  /usr/lib64/libgssapi_krb5.so.2
>>> (0x00007f8749fcd000)
>>>         libstdc++.so.6 =>  /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007f8749cc3000)
>>>         libm.so.6 =>  /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x00007f8749a6c000)
>>>         libgcc_s.so.1 =>  /lib64/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007f8749855000)
>>>         libpthread.so.0 =>  /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f8749638000)
>>>         libc.so.6 =>  /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007f87492d8000)
>>>         /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f874b0d9000)
>>>         libk5crypto.so.3 =>  /usr/lib64/libk5crypto.so.3   
>>> (0x00007f87490b0000)
>>>         libcom_err.so.2 =>  /lib64/libcom_err.so.2 (0x00007f8748eac000)
>>>         libkrb5support.so.0 =>  /usr/lib64/libkrb5support.so.0
>>> (0x00007f8748ca3000)
>>>         libkeyutils.so.1 =>  /lib64/libkeyutils.so.1 (0x00007f8748a9f000)
>>>         libresolv.so.2 =>  /lib64/libresolv.so.2 (0x00007f8748888000)
>>
>> This may not be impactful for your immediate issues, but it looks like
>> the openssl libraries are not there. Notice the 'not found' messages.
>>
>> Mike B.
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>> This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> unixODBC-support mailing list
>> unixODBC-support at mailman.unixodbc.org
>> http://mailman.unixodbc.org/mailman/listinfo/unixodbc-support
>>
>>
>> End of unixODBC-support Digest, Vol 102, Issue 4
>> ************************************************
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> unixODBC-support mailing list
> unixODBC-support at mailman.unixodbc.org
> http://mailman.unixodbc.org/mailman/listinfo/unixodbc-support



----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.



More information about the unixODBC-support mailing list