[unixODBC-support] Microsoft SQL Server Driver for Linux returns different values for SQLMoreResults

David Ritter David.Ritter at roguewave.com
Tue Apr 16 17:46:00 BST 2013

Hello All,

I am asking this question a bit prematurely in an attempt to head off writing another test case. Has anyone observed any issues with the Microsoft SQL Server Driver for Linux and SQLMoreResults()?

I have some application test code that is returning SQL_NO_DATA (100) on Linux where on Windows the same code is returning SQL_ERROR(-1).  Additionally I believe there may be an issue where there are multiple result sets from a query to be returned and SQLMoreResults() in not successfully indicating that.

As I said, I haven't developed a test case yet. I wanted to hopefully shortcut that process if anyone else was familiar with an issue like this.

If not, I'll work on writing a test case.

I am using the following OS:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 64-bit (2.6.32-131.0.15.el6.x86_64)

My compiler is:

gcc version 4.4.5 20110214 (Red Hat 4.4.5-6) (GCC)

I have observed this using unixODBC 2.3.1 (64-bit) and the SQL Server for Linux driver version 11.0.1790.0.

Thank you for your help,
David Ritter

David Ritter | Software Developer |
Rogue Wave Software, Inc.