[unixODBC-support] Multiple SQL_HANDLE_DBC handles from the same environment handle do not work with the Microsoft SQL Server Driver for Linux

David Ritter David.Ritter at roguewave.com
Tue Apr 16 15:07:16 BST 2013

Hello,

I am seeing a problem using multiple SQL_HANDLE_DBC handles off of a single environment handle when using the Microsoft SQL Server Driver for Linux. This same test case works correctly under Microsoft Windows, so I assumed it was an issue with the driver.  I filed a support request with Microsoft and they indicated that they felt it was actually a bug in the driver manager.

Has anyone else seen this behavior/issue?

I am using the following OS:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 64-bit (2.6.32-131.0.15.el6.x86_64)

My compiler is:
gcc version 4.4.5 20110214 (Red Hat 4.4.5-6) (GCC)

I am using unixODBC 2.3.0 (64-bit) and the SQL Server for Linux driver version 11.0.1790.0.

I have attached the test case that I developed to demonstrate this. Please note you will need to update the test to use your database connection DSN and username.

It can be built using the compilation line:

	g++ -M64 -I$ODBC/include -L$ODBC/lib -g -lodbc sqlgetdata.cpp

I have also attached the tracing log generated by unixODBC.

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide,
David Ritter