[unixODBC-support] unixODBC-support Digest, Vol 102, Issue 2

Thomas Kienast tomk at milt.at
Thu Apr 4 12:27:17 BST 2013

I installed unixodbc and freetds, but when I try to establish a
connection via php I receive this error message:

Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open
lib '/opt/microsoft/msodbcsql/lib64/libmsodbcsql-11.0.so.2260.0' : file
not found, SQL state 01000 in SQLConnect in ......

Actually '/opt/microsoft/msodbcsql/lib64/libmsodbcsql-11.0.so.2260.0' is
existant on exactly this path.

But I realized in my php script that the file mentioned in this line

putenv("FREETDSCONF=/etc/freetds/freetds.conf");

is not existant on the server. Maybe the freeTDS installation was not
successful?

I am not very good in Linux and I think anyone who is experienced could
do this installation within short time. So I hope for some way of doing
a guided installation via Skype or something...