[unixODBC-support] Development Environment Setup issue

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Fri Sep 14 07:45:25 BST 2012

On 14/09/12 00:20, Wajid Baig wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am developing a driver using unixODBC. I have following issues. I
> am blocked please help me.
>  1) I have configured and installed 2.2.14 version using
> prefix=/usr/local/unixODBC.

Maybe better using a version more recent than 2008
>  Q) Why are /usr/local/unixODBC folder ini.h and log.h files are missing?
Because they are internal to the build, and not intended for external use.
>  Q) Without these files how can I build my driver?
Include

#include <sql.h>
#include <sqlext.h>
#include <sqltypes.h>
#include <sqlucode.h>
#include <odbcinst.h>

in exactly the same way as you would on Windows.

>  Q) My requirement is to use shared object liniking not the static. Is
> there a way to link other than dlopen to using shared object in my
> driver, without these missing header files?

No, not sure why you would want to do that, just build your driver and
link to libodbcinst.so and it all works as it should.