[unixODBC-support] Memory leakage induced on changing development platform

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Thu Oct 18 12:51:36 BST 2012

On 18/10/12 11:53, SEPS wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've having a bit of a problem which I'd appreciate any insight into.

Hi,

Couple of things worth trying,

1. Try using 2.3.2pre (the current dev build), I don't know of any leaks
in 2.2.12, but it is some years old now (at least 2008). Or at least a
2.3.1 the current release version.

2. Try a different driver. As you are using the Oracle one it could be
leaking in the driver or the OCI lib, a free trial of the Easysoft WP
driver would at least allow you to see if the leak remains or goes.

As the leak is only on the 64 bit platform, I am moderately confidant
its not the driver manager, as there is no 64/32 bit differences I can
think of when it comes to memory allocation and release.