[unixODBC-support] Reg SQL state, Error Codes

Wajid Baig wabmca at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 22:17:21 GMT 2012

Hi Nick,

  Once again its Ahmed here. Nick let me recap again. I am using template
and developed driver. Things are working fine. It was a bit tough job but
some how I managed. Now I have below questions issues.

 1) If something fails I am seeing error as below using isql.
      [-----]
      [-----]
      [-----]
      [-----]
     [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLPrepare
 When debugging I found that the issue is state is set as "-----" in
SQLGetDiagRec.c. Later it dont match with any state and there is no error
discription.
*How to set correct STATE and Error Code. Please suggest. As of now where
ever I am facing issue I push error discription string in log and return
SQL_ERROR. I searched in other drivers code also but no luck :(.*

2) logOpen is called twice and two seperate files are given. My boss asked
me to streamline this. I should not throw logs in many files. How can I do
this? I just want to stop writing in any files. I have my own loging
machanism. So how to do it.
     I think passing NULL for filename argument in logOpen should solve
this problem but it I am afraid if it will stop functioning of driver.
     *Also will it stop SQL call trace?*
**
Thanks in Advance Nick,
Ahmed