[unixODBC-support] Problems connecting to Postgresql

Sergio Basurto sbasurto at soft-gator.com
Thu Mar 1 00:20:52 GMT 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 00:04 +0000, Nick Gorham wrote:

> On 29/02/2012 23:53, Sergio Basurto wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I configure unixODBC to connect to a postgresql database, everything
> > works well with root but when I try to use isql with other user it
> > tells:
> >
> > $ isql -v asterisk-connector
> >
> > [S1000][unixODBC]Could not connect to the server;
> > Could not connect to remote socket.
> > [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
>

> I would check the hba file on the PG server is set to allow
> connections.
>
> --
> Nick

Thanks a lot Nick, the problem was not the pg_hba.conf, but I test the
connection direct with the user like

$ psql db_asterisk -U asterisk
psql: could not connect to server: Permission denied
        connections on Unix domain socket
"/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

so I check the permissions in the dir /var/run/postgresql/

drwxrwx--- 2 postgres postgres 4096 Feb 29 18:09 postgresql

so I add the user to group postgres and that's it, It WORKS!

Next time I will double check the connection to database with native
methods with the specific user.

Thank you.

--
Sergio Basurto <sbasurto at soft-gator.com>