[unixODBC-support] Problems connecting to Postgresql

Sergio Basurto sbasurto at soft-gator.com
Wed Feb 29 23:53:21 GMT 2012

Hello,

I configure unixODBC to connect to a postgresql database, everything
works well with root but when I try to use isql with other user it
tells:

$ isql -v asterisk-connector

[S1000][unixODBC]Could not connect to the server;
Could not connect to remote socket.
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

with root:
# isql asterisk-connector -v
| Connected!                            |
| sql-statement                         |
| help [tablename]                      |
| quit                                  |
SQL>

odbc.ini

[asterisk-connector]
Description         = PostgreSQL connection to 'asterisk' database
Driver              = PostgreSQL
Database            = asterisk
Servername          = localhost
UserName            = asterisk
Password            = secret
Port                = 5432
Protocol            = 9.1
ReadOnly            = No
RowVersioning       = No
ShowSystemTables    = No
ShowOidColumn       = No
FakeOidIndex        = No
ConnSettings        =

odbcinst.ini
[ODBC]
Trace           = yes
TraceFile       = /var/log/odbc.log
ForceTrace      = yes
[PostgreSQL]
Description     = ODBC for PostgreSQL
Driver          = /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so
Setup           = /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so
FileUsage       = 1

I will appreciate any help or point to a documentation.

Kind Regards,

--
Sergio Basurto <sbasurto at soft-gator.com>
Soft Gator S.A de C.V.