[unixODBC-support] Problem on 64 bit aix 5.3

Daniel Vidal vidal_dan at gva.es
Fri Feb 24 13:34:33 GMT 2012

Hi

    Well i have a problem...

     I download the source code of unix ODBC and i can compile both two
arch (32 and 64 bits) on an AIX 5.3 powerpc machine. When use the 32
bits compilation all is ok. i can connect with my remote postgres
database using odbc isql program and can do a select and i retrieve
data... all is ok. When use the 64 bits compilation i can't connect with
my remote postgresql database... isql show this message.

[S1000][unixODBC]Could not connect to the server;
Could not connect to remote socket.
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

    I have tried some compilation options, linker options with the same
result. Now i use this environment variables to make the compilation...
but i first use only CC and CXX as say README.AIX file... the same result.

On 32 bits:

CC=xlc_r
CFLAGS='-qlanglvl=extended -ma -O2 -g -qstrict -qoptimize=2
-qmaxmem=8192 -qcpluscmt'
CXX=xlC_r
CXXFLAGS='-ma -O2 -g -qstrict -qoptimize=2 -qmaxmem=8192 -qcpluscmt'
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-brtl

On 64 bits:

OBJECT_MODE=64
CC=xlc_r
CFLAGS='-qlanglvl=extended -ma -O2 -g -qstrict -qoptimize=2
-qmaxmem=8192 -qcpluscmt'
CXX=xlC_r
CXXFLAGS='-ma -O2 -g -qstrict -qoptimize=2 -qmaxmem=8192 -qcpluscmt'
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-brtl

and make the configure with --enable-drivers option to obtain psqlodbc
driver shiped with unixODBC.

configure, make and make install ends without any error messages.

    I need to use the 64 bits version for compatibility with the program
client (oracle gateway 64 bits)... but the first step is run isql 64
bits and connect to the remote database.

Some help? tips? any?

Thx in advance and sorry for my english...