[unixODBC-support] unixODBC manager and MySQL connector

Fahad Ali fahad01hbti at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 18:17:19 GMT 2012

Thanks for the reply Nick,

i am installing below versions,

unixODBC-2.3.1
mysql-connector-odbc-5.2.2-linux-glibc2.3-x86-64bit

My server is RHEL 6.3 64-bit.

I have below questions,
1 - is it necessary to have mysql connector of 64-bit or 32-bit will work ?
2 - when i am running the below command, the given error is coming,
[sas93 at dc4coj bin]$  myodbc3i -d -a -n "MySQL" -t
"DRIVER=/sasapps/unixODBC/mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.30-linux-rhel5-x86-32bit/bin/libodbcinst.so.1"
myodbc3i: error while loading shared libraries: libodbcinst.so.1: cannot

i have copied the linodbcinst.so.2 to libodbcinst.so.1 in the above path.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Nick Gorham <nick at lurcher.org> wrote:

>  On 17/12/12 17:43, Fahad Ali wrote:
>
> Hello everyone.
>
>  I am trying to install unixodbc manager and MySql connector on RHEL 6.3
> 64-bit. i am not able to do so, getting the following error when i am
> trying to run
> "myodbc3i: error while loading shared libraries: libodbcinst.so.1: cannot
> open shared object file: No such file or directory"
>
>  CAN someone forward me the instructions to install unixodbc manager and
> mysql connector and how to connect mysql database using the odbc connection.
> --
> *Thanks & Regards,
> Fahad Ali*
> *Mob: +1 647 864 2786*
> E-mail: fahad01hbti at gmail.com
>

>  If you have installed unixODBC, it may be that you have the 2.3.x latest
> version that creates a libodbcinst.so.2, so just create a symbolic link or
> copy the .2 to the .1 to keep the driver happy.
>
> --
> Nick

*Thanks & Regards,
Fahad Ali*