[unixODBC-support] help me, unixODBC connection when switching VIP

Dang Minh Huong kakalot49 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 15:10:05 GMT 2012

Hi,

I'm using unixODBC for my HA project with following construction.

- 2 PostgreSQL nodes (ACTIVE and STANDBY)
- the application using unixODBC and access to ACTIVE DB node by a
Virtual IP adress.

I got a problem when switching over Virtual IP from ACTIVE node to
STANDBY node.

When my switching process finished (now the Vitual IP is switched to the
STANDBY)
the results as follows.
(1). in the ACTIVE node, connected connection is not disconnected
(2). connected connection can execute SQL query
(I have tested with my AP and isql).

I'm actually want to get the disconnection from (1). or an error from (2).
when the switching process finished. Any body can help me how to setting
odbc.ini file to get it.

If you know please answer my question about unixODBC connection pool.
When switched, is there a connection pool setting in order to the connected
connection on ACTIVE node can execute the next SQL query on the
STANDBY node.

I'm a new to unixODBC, i'm so sorry if this contents are posted in the past.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Dang Minh Huong