[unixODBC-support] unixODBC for Sybase Anywhere 11 on CentOS 6.2 Linux

tale103108 Tony.Esposito at region10.org
Mon Aug 6 23:13:44 BST 2012

Hello...
Can't seem to get unixODBC to work with Sybase Anywhere 11 on CentOS 6.2
unixODBC-.2.2.12.

I can connect fine with Sybase client libs but not ODBC drivers ....

Here's some Perl test that is failing -- works with DBD::Sybase but not
DBD::ODBC...

perl -MDBI -le 'my $dbh = DBI->connect( \
>   "dbi:ODBC:driver=SybASA;ENG=ASA", \
>   "DBA", "SQL"); \
>   print for $dbh->selectrow_array("select 42")'
install_driver(ASA) failed: Can't locate DBD/ASA.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at (eval
3) line 3.
Perhaps the DBD::ASA perl module hasn't been fully installed,
or perhaps the capitalisation of 'ASA' isn't right.
Available drivers: DBM, ExampleP, File, Gofer, Proxy, SQLAnywhere, SQLite,
Sponge, mysql.
 at -e line 1

and here are my unixODBC files....

/etc/odbc.ini
-------------------------
[SybASA]
Driver       = SybASA
Description  = Sybase Anywhere Driver DSN
Server       = SybASA
Port         = 2638
User         = DBA
Password     = SQL
Database     = hlaghdb

/etc/odbcinst.ini
-------------------------
# Driver for Sybase Anywhere with unixODBC
[SybASA]
Description     = Sybase SQL Anywhere
Driver          = /opt/sqlanywhere11/lib64/libdbodbc11.so
Setup           = /opt/sqlanywhere11/lib64/libdbodbc11.so
FileUsage       = 1

$SYBASE/interfaces:
ASA
        master  tcp     ether   localhost       2638
        query   tcp     ether   localhost       2638

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Have not been able to find anything
on the web that takes me thru a complete install and successful test on
unixODBC with Sybase Anywhere 11.  I can connect to Sybase without issues
with other tools.  The Sybase instance is local to my machine.
Thanks in advance.