[unixODBC-support] [08S01][unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver]Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

arkangelboss at gmail.com arkangelboss at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 14:12:54 BST 2011

Hi,

Thanks a lot Nick, I just figured out that there could be some differences
in the config params with respect to postgres (from which I copied the ini
template) and I solved the problem by simply using the MySQL example
template in the "unixODBC without the GUI" guide.

[MySQL-test]
Description     = MySQL test database
Trace       = Off
TraceFile   = stderr
Driver      = MySQL
SERVER      = 192.168.1.26
USER        = pharvey
PASSWORD    =
PORT        = 3306
DATABASE    = test

The main difference is in the "SERVER" param instead of the "ServerName" I
have used before.

isql now works fine.

Angelo