[unixODBC-support] Can I have 2 driver manager running at the same time?

Eugenia Moreno eugemz at hotmail.com
Mon May 30 23:22:33 BST 2011

Hi Nick,

Thanks for all your help.

I was able to install both Driver Manger, one compiled with SQLLEN and the other default. Just to be sure that they are connecting to the right driver manager, I
have separated odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini, that will not be a problem.

The DSNs are working fine, if I use the isql of each installation (going to folder bin directory), it connects OK.

However, I still do not know how to tell the application to use any of the driver manager. I just need this to work, I though perl because I know it better, but it could be Python or other language. You mention to set the the search path library, do you mean the to LD_Library_path? I try that but it didn't work. I am new in Linux, so I am lost too..

Thanks in advance.. Eugenia