[unixODBC-support] Can I have 2 driver manager running at the same time?

Eugenia Moreno eugemz at hotmail.com
Fri May 27 20:24:03 BST 2011

Thanks very much Nick.. ! That sheds some light on it.
But in my application,  how do I specified what Driver Manager  to use?
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 10:16:40 +0100
From: nick at lurcher.org
To: unixodbc-support at mailman.unixodbc.org
Subject: Re: [unixODBC-support] Can I have 2 driver manager running at the same	time?

    On 27/05/2011 02:52, Eugenia Moreno wrote:

      I am very new to unixODBC and linux systems. I connect with
      different DBD, my systems comes with unixODBC 2.2.14 in a 64
      installation. I want to connect to a database that need to have
      the UnixODBC driver version 2.2.14 be compiled using the BUILD_LEGACY_64_BIT_MODE option, which
      sets SQLLEN to 4 bytes, instead of the default 8 bytes.

      As my other DBDs need the SQLLEN to 8, Can I compile other version
      of the driver manger and have both  running at the same time? if
      so, how I do that, can you point me any documentation where I can
      find examples.

      Thanks in advance.

    No problem having two sets of libs on the system, which is all
    unixODBC is, just build and install them in different places.
    However if you want them both to be used by the same application at
    the same time thats more of a problem. When I say the same
    application, I mean the same process, two instances of the
    application using two different libs is fine,.