[unixODBC-support] Can I have 2 driver manager running at the same time?

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Fri May 27 10:16:40 BST 2011

On 27/05/2011 02:52, Eugenia Moreno wrote:
> I am very new to unixODBC and linux systems. I connect with different
> DBD, my systems comes with unixODBC 2.2.14 in a 64 installation. I
> want to connect to a database that need to have the UnixODBC driver
> version 2.2.14 be compiled using the |BUILD_LEGACY_64_BIT_MODE
> |option, which sets SQLLEN to 4 bytes, instead of the default 8 bytes.
>
> As my other DBDs need the SQLLEN to 8, Can I compile other version of
> the driver manger and have both  running at the same time? if so, how
> I do that, can you point me any documentation where I can find examples.
>
> Thanks in advance.

No problem having two sets of libs on the system, which is all unixODBC
is, just build and install them in different places. However if you want
them both to be used by the same application at the same time thats more
of a problem. When I say the same application, I mean the same process,
two instances of the application using two different libs is fine,.