[unixODBC-support] Why does SQLDisconnect trigger a call to SQLFreeHandle(SQL_HANDLE_ENV) ?

Andy Grove andy.grove at codefutures.com
Fri Jun 24 05:05:36 BST 2011

Hi,

I'm using unixODBC 2.3.0 with a custom ODBC driver that I have developed and
I've encountered a confusing issue in one customer environment where it
appears that unixODBC is calling SQLFreeHandle(SQL_HANDLE_ENV) immediately
after a call to SQLDisconnect() even though the application hasn't requested
that the environment be freed.

I've been debugging this for several hours and can't see any other
possibility but this doesn't seem like correct behavior. I'd appreciate any
suggestions/feedback on this. Is it possible that unixODBC would be doing
this? The call to SQLDisconnect would bring the connection count down to
zero if that is any help. The customer's environment is a Python/Django
application deployed in the fastcgi application server.

I can provided detailed debug logs as well if that helps.

Thanks,

Andy.