[unixODBC-support] ODBC and Excel

Martin J. Evans bohica at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 23 20:31:36 BST 2011

On 23/06/2011 18:20, ken at simplyprecise.com wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> Thanks for the response.  What do you mean as far as needing a bridge?
>
> Thanks again,
> Ken

An ODBC-ODBC bridge. Basically it is an ODBC driver you use at the
client end (your unix platform) which communicates with a server process
at the Windows end which talks to the Microsoft ODBC driver for Excel.
It gets around the problem that the Excel ODBC Driver is not available
for Unix. Sounds a lot worse than it is. You install a service on the
Windows machine and a client ODBC driver at the UNIX end. Easysoft have
one at
http://www.easysoft.com/products/data_access/odbc_odbc_bridge/index.html
which works with Excel.

Martin