[unixODBC-support] [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib ... Access is denied

eric.berg at barclayscapital.com eric.berg at barclayscapital.com
Thu Jun 9 16:59:45 BST 2011

Hmmm...well, at this point, I usually run strace to see what files are being accessed.  That can help.

strace -eopen /path/to/correct/perl/binary/perl my_script

and you'll see lots of "open"s and a whole bunch of "not found" which might help you out.

Give that a try and see how that goes.

If you're on Linux, it's strace, and on Solaris it's truss.

Eric

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.