[unixODBC-support] ruby-odbc

Davies Matt J A (LCSS) mjdavies at glam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 15:56:56 BST 2011

Afternoon all

I'm reading this on getting ruby-odbc to work

To build Ruby ODBC against the unixODBC driver manager that ships with
your Easysoft ODBC driver, run extconf.rb with the --with-odbc-dir option.
Use the option to specify the driver manager installation directory. By
default, this is /usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC.ruby extconf.rb
--with-odbc-dir=/usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC
make
make install

I've installed my unixODBC with ./configure, so it's installed everything
into /usr/local

What path do I put into the --with-odbc-dir ?

Thanks