[unixODBC-support] odbcinst failing

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Thu Jul 28 13:28:46 BST 2011

On 28/07/11 13:16, Davies Matt J A (LCSS) wrote:
> Ok I spoke to soon, that page is now back :-)
>
> So I just download the adm64 .deb file, and then somehow install that as
> 32 bit?
>
> Am I on the right track here?

Not sure, as I am a bit unclear what the goal is. I would expect that
missing symbol to be caused by a mix of binaries and libraries from
different versions of unixODBC. I would try to just have the one version
of the libs and bins installed at any time, doesn't matter what it is
(though 2.3.0 has less bugs and is some years more current). But if you
are trying to just produce some instructions I would start with a clean
box and work from there. Trying to create user docs from a machine that
is used for development is often a path to pain.